Marketing Tips« Back to Ideas Collection
More Marketing Tips
- • Hook Your Audience with Habit-Forming Products
- • Make Your Brand Impossible to Resist with Fascination
- • How to Stand Out in a 3-Second World
- • 3 Keys for Reaching an Entitled Generation
- • Incredible One-Liners: Crafting a Magical Sentence to Grow Your Business
- • 3 Ways to Sabotage Your Next Direct Mail Piece (And How to Market Smarter)
- • Marketing to the Smallest Viable Audience
- • 5 Reasons to Consider a Rebrand for Your Business
- • Build Your Brand with the 4 P’s of Marketing
- • 5 Elements of an Irresistible Offer
- • How Magnetic Marketing Cements Customer Loyalty
- • How to Persuade Prospects to Say Yes
- • How to Make Your Idea Stick
- • How to Perfect Your Sales Copy
- • The Power of Simplicity in Marketing
- • Funnel Your Efforts in the Right Direction
- • Only As Strong As Your Weakest Touch Point
- • Smart Companies Get People Talking
- • 6 Steps To Customer-Centric Writing
- • Sell With Words That Inspire
- • Creating a Category of One
- • Four Keys to Building Customer Relations
- • Eye-Stopping Headlines
- • Powerful Business Cards
- • Design Direct Mail That Sells
- • Create a Great New Logo
How Magnetic Marketing Cements Customer Loyalty
A pesky fly. A trusty boomerang. An old penny. In life, some things are fleeting, but others just keep coming back. In business, you have a substantial impact on the “coming back” of your patrons. Effective entrepreneurs know that the key to maximizing customer value is by growing retention and increasing repeat business.
How can you make your marketing magnetically attractive to new and existing clients? Through two systematic strategies: front and back end marketing. As you develop these priorities, seek to continually present answers to these two questions:
- “What’s Great?”
- “What’s New?”
Front-end marketing refers to outreach that attracts leads, prospects, or customers. This type of word-of-mouth marketing is extremely beneficial because what others say about you is ten times more believable than what you say about yourself.
How do you grow referral marketing? Walt Disney said it like this: “The way to be very successful in marketing is to do what you do so well that people can’t resist telling others about you.”
“What’s Great?” You are!
Blow people away with your creativity, quality, or generous service. When you do, immediately ask for a referral. For example, when your client says, “Wow, this is fantastic!” say something like, “Hey, you know we’re trying to grow our business, and we really depend on clients like you to get the word out. Could you help?”
Have business cards or referral forms ready and ask clients to write down three names and contacts on the spot. Or send several promo flyers and coupons with them and challenge them to give them to friends by the end of the week. This is a fast, very soft request that costs you next to nothing.
Bored customers tend to look elsewhere, so back-end marketing should push you to reinvent your business frequently. It’s important that you always have an answer to that “What’s New?” question. Whether it’s a new widget, streamlined incentive program, or a fresh service package, regular content keeps your vision energized and your base encouraged.
As part of your regular content, your business should have a monthly newsletter hitting customer doorsteps each month. Why? Printed newsletters have greater perceived value, a higher open rate, and a more memorable, influential presence.
Your monthly newsletter should highlight your uniqueness and confirm the value people are receiving through your business. Demonstrate your industry authority in ways that are helpful to customers as you talk about problems you know they have: time management strategies, outsourcing options, technology helps, etc.
Also, include lighthearted content just for the sake of fun: cartoons, jokes, or embarrassing moments from your staff. Finally, keep featuring “what’s new” with Q/A articles, product promos, testimonials, and more.
Engaged, interested customers buy more frequently and refer more often. Every business will benefit from front- and back-end marketing strategies!
by Dan S. Kennedy
MAGNETIC MARKETING® is a radical, dramatically different sea-change in the way new customers, clients, patients or prospects are attracted and in the way products, services, businesses and practices are advertised. It is a “change movement” that has established itself in over 136 different niches, business categories, industries and professions, but is still also a “best kept secret”―its practitioners are in a “secret society.” It―and only it―offers real protection from commoditization, Amazon-ization, price and profit destruction. It is soundly based on well-proven strategies dating from the turn of the century to the present. No academic theories, no vague “ideas”, no fads. No BS! The makings of a system for your business’s sustainability and growth you can rely on. It is introduced to you in this important and timely book. You have made a wise decision obtaining it. Bolt the door, put away the device and dig in!